Monday, October 6, 2014

Cemetery visits summer 2014 - 0

It is hard to believe that summer 2014 is over and I haven't made a visit to a cemetery. We had a summer with more rain than usual and also cooler temperatures.

Usually, I spend at least one day each summer being a graveyard rabbit. The last couple of years, I have taken along with me on my visits to a part of Grey County, a friend who is around 80 years old. We make it an outing with a stop for a morning snack and lunch out at a lovely village restaurant.

My writing focus this year has been the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge where I have been writing about them over at my other blog Janet the Researcher.

Although, there aren't any new postings right now, I hope you visit some past postings.

Here are some favourites
Richard Ayearst buried in Markdale Cemetery. - This has many interesting comments. I also received several private emails.
Thomas Seton Gordon - a relative of a good friend
John Johnston - a brother of my great-great-grandfather David Johnston.

Over on my other site
John Mucklow my great-great-grandfather
David Johnston  and Hannah Hemingway - I tell how I found out where they were buried.


No comments: